The goals of the association are to:
- to promote the teaching of French as an additional language in Saskatchewan
- to educate members on the Francophone presence in the world (language and culture), particularly in Canada and Saskatchewan
- to advise the STF on language and professional development needs of teachers
- to advise, in accordance with paragraph 36 of the Teachers’ Federation Act, 2006, the Ministry of Education (Student and Achievement and Supports Branch) on language and learning needs of teachers
- to promote the development of teachers by offering professional learning opportunities and/or bursaries for continued studies when possible
- to network with teachers of French through various forms of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, website, etc.).